Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jokes – My American Friend Got Chased Out From a Restaurant

I have an American friend who is based in Malaysia. He is always very adventurous and very eager to learn about our local culture and also our language. One day he told me that a lady hawker chased him out from a restaurant and he doesn’t know why she did so.

American Friend: Hey Pete, I was in this restaurant and I ordered chicken rice from one of the stalls inside. The chili tasted so good so I asked for more chilies from the lady hawker, but she got angry and chased me out from the restaurant.

Me: Mmmm, how did you actually ask for the chilies?

American Friend: I said, “Kei wa lan ciau”*. The lady answered, “Ah?” Then I said again, “LAN CIAU!” After that she got very angry and chased me out! I laughed until I nearly choked on my Roti Canai. (Malaysian Indian Pancakes)

Note: In Mandarin when you say “Kei wa lan ciau” it sounds like “Give me penis (Lan Ciau” (Lan Ciau means penis in Chinese Hokkien Dialect). The correct way to say is “Kei Wa Lark Ciau”. So my friend, you must always be careful of how you ask for chili in a Chinese restaurant.

Related Posts on Jokes about my American Friend 1) Jokes – My American Friend in the Pub. 2) Jokes – A Lady Whacked my American Friend with an Umbrella. 3) Jokes – My American Eats Satay at Kajang. 4)Jokes – My American Friend Watched Tiger Show in Pattaya, Thailand .

12 comments:

Calvin Soo KJ said...

luckyly, it was a lady, who is also straight. otherwise, if he'd come across a gay, i think he'd be happy to provide his lan chiau for service....lol. he got chased out from any other restaurants lately?

CRIZ LAI said...

Fainted~~ Haha... that's the problem of not getting a proper tutor. You should teach him to speak accurately next time.

http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

Roses said...

hahahhaha...
that will teach me not to simply talk alien language...
poor angmo...

Anonymous said...

OMG! That actually happen in real life?!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Kesian that angmoh la... :-D Who taught him how to speak arr? Poor thing!

Kikey Loo said...

haha...
that is so funny!!!!
i am laughing non stop... :P

eunice said...

LOL! Aiyoooo!! What an unlucky friend!! U got to give him some tuition now! XD

Btw, I keep seeing roti canai in Malaysian blogs & being a great fan of Malaysia food, I was thinking what was it that I didn't know! Then I googled and realised roti canai is known as roti prata in Singapore, OMG! Our favourite indian food too!!

Pete said...

Hi Everyone, I am not sure where he learned to say that from, but I suspected his cheeky business partner is the one. Evertime I thought about this, I will laugh none stop. LOL

Anonymous said...

wah, "lan jiao" and "la jiao" sounds so much different also he can speak wrong ar?

but nvm lah, at least he is trying to learn. and this lesson will remind him to speak "la jiao" properly next time.
hahahah

Malaysian Joe said...

sometimes these ppl must forgive a bit la... foreigner trying to speak your language .. you must ask them what you mean and not chase away ma... after all the lady can say, "i no lan jiao... you wan lan jiao go gay bar."

Anonymous said...

yeah, i also quite respect those who trying to learn our language
:)

anyway, ur fren is really funny
lol

Ken Wooi said...

LOL, this is hilarious!! XD