Sunday, December 28, 2008

Kedai Kopi Ijok, Setia Alam, Bak Kut Teh (Chinese Herbal Pork Soup)

NOTE : As at 25/2/11, I noticed that Ijok Coffee shop location has been replaced by another food operator. Somehow, one morning I ended up in Setia Alam, Shah Alam for an early appointment. The meeting ended at 11 am and I decided to check out some of the restaurants around this area. The commercial area here which used to be very quiet is now bustling with activities because many shops had opened for business. I went into Kedai Kopi Ijok and immediately noticed the Bak Kut Teh stall. It has been quite some time I had a good Bak Kut Teh. The stall must be new, judging from the pots and utensils the owner is using. I ordered a bowl of clay pot bak kut teh with lean meat and pork ribs only. The Bak Kut Teh tasted real good, a little bit of a home cook one and had a strong Chinese herbal aroma; the way I like it. The fu chuk soaked up all the bak kut teh soup sweetness and I love to every bit of it. The BKT has generous portion of pork ribs and lean meat. Nothing beats a morning brunch of Bak Kut Teh and a glass of Kopi Peng (Iced Coffee). The price I paid for the Bak Kut Teh was RM9.40 and Iced Coffee, RM 1.40. Yummy, yummy Bak Kut Teh! Kedai Kopi Ijok, Setia Alam, Shah Alam.....................All "habis", nothing left! Address : 2-1-2 Jln Setia Prima B, U13/B, Setia Alam, Seksyen U13, 40170, Shah Alam Map to Kedai Kopi Ijok, Setia Alam, Bak Kut Teh

Related post about Bak Kut Teh

Related Post on Bak Kut Teh http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/09/bak-kut-teh-recipe-pork-herbal-soup-non.html http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/09/chick-kut-teh-recipe-chicken-herbal.html http://veganformation.blogspot.com/2008/09/simple-recipe-veg-kut-teh-vkt.html

http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/06/food-dry-bak-kut-teh-restaurant-shun.html http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/08/food-foodwork-marathon-in-olympic-mood.html http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/06/seng-lee-claypot-bak-kut-teh-bukit.html

8 comments:

Kikey Loo said...

i really really miss bak kut teh...

Anonymous said...

I'm not really into bak kut teh...but this one looks really nice! Wow!!! Ur wife's face must be really smooth...seeing how you eat until the claypot so very licin! Hahahahahaha!

Josephine said...

I am a bug fan of Bak Kut Teh.
I like the one in Kepong.
Ka Ka Bak Kut Teh.
I am sure u tried that before rite?

Calvin Soo KJ said...

it's a wonder you didnt finish up the claypot....lol. licin habis!!! the owner must be smiling from ear to ear... :)

Pete said...

Kikey : Can get A1 brand bak kut teh spices in USA?
A1 type is good!

STP : Ha ha, BKT is one food that I like very much.

Josephine : Sometime too near don't want to try, must go far far....then more interesing. LOL

Calvin : They owner keep on looking at me curiously when she saw me taking pictures. Ha Ha!

Anonymous said...

o.O licin habis, nothing left at all...must have taste very delicious...

Pete said...

cleff : Taste just like home cook, very nice, so I sapu all, can see the reflexion of my face on the botton of the pot lorrr. ha ha!

Setia Alam said...

I tried their BKT as well as the steam rice, not bad and the BKT can be comparable to Klang one...:)

Simon