Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Eastcourt Restaurant, Sungei Wang Plaza, Jln Bukit Bintang

One Sunday night, I took my kids to Sg Wang Skateline Shop to check out the inline skates there. I have not been to Sg Wang Plaza for quite some time. The inline skating ring is located near the rooftop parking. There are many teenagers hanging around outside the skating arena and I actually felt out of place. LOL! Well, then I hopped over to the restaurant next door to check out the menu and found that they have some set meal with discount up to 30%. It was rather late for dinner so we decided to eat here for convenience sake. The restaurant was quite empty, only 4 tables are occupied; maybe it was a Sunday night. The set meal of rice with a choice of meat, eggs, and vegetable plus one free tea cost RM5.90 nett. Other dishes have 30% discount. We ordered two sets of Sweet and Sour Meat plus free tea (RM5.90 x 2), a set of Kam Heong Meat plus free tea (RM5.90) with rice, one lime juice (RM2.50 less 30%) and one set of Bak Kut Teh (RM9.90 less 30%). The sweet and sour meat is nice, so much nicer than the one served in many big restaurants that I have eaten in. The Kam Heong dish is nice too and my children loved it very much. The Bak Kut Teh which was served with Yau Char Kwai does not have strong herbal taste but overall it was good! However, they were a little bit slow in serving the meal and I have a little bit of language problem with the foreign waiter. Anyway we were quite satisfied with the food served. The total bill for 3 set meals, 1 Bak Kut Teh Set and lime juice came out to be RM27.70 nett. A reasonable price for quality food in a cosy and ambient restaurant in town centre! Address : Eastcourt Restaurant (Shanghai 10) 3rd Floor, Sungei Wang Plaza Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100, Kuala Lumpur Tel : 603 - 21431337 Bak Kut Teh with rice and Yau Char Kwai
Sweet and Sour Meat set (Sorry, my kids already started eating before I can take pictures). Second picture is the Kam Heong Meat Set
Did not try the Dim Sum!.........................The Eastcourt Restaurant!

5 comments:

foongpc said...

Long time I didn't go Sg Wang Plaza too! Don't even remember there's a skating ring located at the top!

So the food were not bad? Will give it a try if I ever go there! : )

suituapui said...

Aha! I'll be staying right across the road when I go to Kl this weekend. Can drop by to try... I used to eat at Esquire Kitchen at Sg Wang. Liked the food there!

Anonymous said...

Huh? Got skating ring at Sungei Wang? I dunno oso... =.=

Pete said...

Foongpc : Actually the place is tucked at the corner and not very easy to find. I have to ask for directions from the shop owners!

STP : Love Esquire Kitchen fried brinjals!

Cleff : Lots of teenagers around the area lorrrr!

Anonymous said...

I wanna go *whine* but my husband donno how to inline skate! Very long I din play liao...about 7 years oredi. Hmmm...time to go pretend a lil girl when my dad comes to visit me next time. LMAO...i still look young... whahahaha...can pretend like punk teenagers!