Thursday, January 28, 2010

Plain Type Bak Kut Teh, Restaurant Ye Xin Ge, People’s Park, PJ

If you love plain soup bak kut teh without all the strong Chinese herbal smell, then this old timer Ye Sin Ge bak kut teh suits your taste. I remembered that I ate this bak kut teh in their old location in Section 14 once many years ago when I was a junior engineer working nearby there. Now the old location has been taken over by TGIF. Ye Xin Ge is located by a row of shoplots on your left just after the Kelana Jaya LRT station if you are travelling towards Sunway. We dropped by this restaurant after taking the kids to the National Science Centre in Kiara. It has been a long time since I last ate here. It was the 1st day of January 2010, a New Year day and the restaurant was not packed at all. Maybe all the late night revelers are still sleeping. We ordered a bowl of mixed bak kut teh, 2 bowls of yau char kueh, braised mushroom (tung ku), vegetable, sour vegetable soup and tau pok (fried bean curd). The bak kut teh is served using a porcelain bowl which is the main signature of this restaurant. As expected soup is plain but favourful and without the strong herbal smell. We ate all the pork and innards except the pig tail which is rather oily. Nice, they still manage to retain the standard all these years. The total bill of for all the dishes, 7 bowls of rice and tea came up to be RM83. Restoran Yi Xin Ge23, Jln SS4D/2, People's Park, Petaling Jaya. (Open 6.30am - 9pm) Map to Restaurant Ye Xin Ge

10 comments:

tuti said...

pete is back with all the nice food postings again, yeahhh!!

how's your rib/chest area after the bike handle poke? hope ok lah.

Pete said...

Tuti : Ok already, scratch mark now have dried skin crust....looks just like tattoo....LOL!

Christine said...

I love soup and I love pig tails.

Reanaclaire said...

i also prefer bak kut teh without the strong herbal taste.. ipoh ones have strong aroma..my kids dont like them so much..

Anonymous said...

Never heard of bak kut teh without those herbal concoctions. Thanks for sharing.

xin said...

i makan there before too! not too bad :)

mNhL said...

Next time bring me along k. I will eat the PIG TAILs for u. hehehe... Nice to chew.

Anonymous said...

Huh? PJ also got People's Park? I thought only in Singapore. LOL!!! Ya...I know where St Ignatius is - passed by otw from Sunway to Baywatch. Been to Baywatch? Nice place, nice western food.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I think the collection should secure more info then it has.