Friday, February 5, 2010

Greek Mint Honey Roast Chicken Recipe


My sister got me this nice dried mint herb from her trip to Greek, recently. It has a very strong mint aroma. I was wondering what I should do with it other than making mint sauce for lamb chops. Anyway, I have a quarter chicken (top part) left in my freezer and thought that I could try roasting it with the mint. This experiment resulted in a minty and sweet taste aromatic roast chicken.

Ingredients
Chicken Quarter (top breast part), 1 pc, make a few vertical cut to allow the breast meat to absorb the marinade
Mint, (fresh or dried), 1 table spoon dried mint herbs
Lemon juice from ½ fruit
Soya sauce, 1 table spoon
Black soya sauce, a dash
Honey for glazing
Salt to taste, I used around 1 teaspoon

Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients except the honey. Roast in preheated oven at 180 Deg C for 1 hour or less. Make sure that the chicken is not burnt by checking it from time to time. Lower the temperature if the chicken starts to get dark too fast. Open the oven door after roasting for 45 minutes and glaze the chicken with honey. Then continue roasting it for another 15 minutes.

6 comments:

smallkucing said...

Wow...this one looks delicious. Very unlike some1s negro chic kakaka...

cleffairy said...

Aiks... never sodomize the chic... no fun la! LOL...

Reanaclaire said...

must be very nice ..esp with the mint herbs...

Tes said...

Oh my, glad I chanced upon your blog... the usual chicken is begining to be uninteresting... it might be time to go GREEK this weekend! Am going to try this one! :)

Christine said...

mmm you've inspired me to roast a chicken this weekend! honey and mint sounds good.

Unknown said...

mouth watering..thanks for the recipe..looks great..know it taste good as well