Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Quickie Spaghetti Hokkien Char Mee(Fried Noddles with Dark Soya Sauce, aka Negro Mee) Recipe

I have been using lots of Spaghetti in my cooking lately; trying to clear my stock before the Chinese New Year! Ha ha ha! This is another quickie meal that I cooked for supper recently and I decided to post it because everyone loves a ‘quickie’.......quickie Hokkien Char Mee aka Quickie Negro Mee.....(I know Cleffairy would be thinking of Quickie + Negro! Habis) LOL! This time around instead of using Angel hair Spaghetti, I used normal spaghetti because normal spaghetti is thicker and easier to fry . It would be good if we garnish this Hokkien Char Mee with crispy fried pork fat, like the one they used to serve at hawker stalls! Yum Yum!

Ingredients
Spaghetti, one serving, boiled in hot water until soft
Dark Soya sauce, 1 table spoon, more if you prefer it to be darker
Light soya sauce, 1 tables spoon
Cabbage, 3 leaves, cut into large pieces
 Garlic, 3 cloves, chopped finely
A little Corn flour mixed with water
Prawns, 3 pcs
Lean pork meat or chicken meat, 5 slices
Eggs, 1 pc (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat up work and add in a little vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, put in the garlic and pork slices. Throw in the cabbage and fry for a short while. Add the spaghetti, dark soya sauce, prawns and light soya sauce. Fry until all the ingredients are evenly mixed. Add eggs, salt and pepper. Pour in a little water and thicken the gravy with a little corn flour mixed with water. Garnish with crispy fried pork lard before serving!

16 comments:

smallkucing said...

wow...home made hokkien mee. I will definitely try it out coz i've got like 4 or 5 spaghetti to clear.

Negro Hokkien Mi + Negro Chicken = ??

Merryn said...

Give Cleffairy any quickie or just give her anything yellow (macam noodles) her blood pressure will shoot high up :P instantly! hahaha

suituapui said...

Hahahahaha!!! *blush...blush!!! That Cleffairy is certainly spreading her influence far and wide. Everyone's speaking her language now, I see!!!

Reanaclaire said...

haha...why u all like to make fun of cleffairy.. she is a real sport, isnt she? pete, why everything quickie nowadays!!

cleffairy said...

@pete...Wtf... me again! Ahahahahha.... haiyorr... I was really thinking about my sodomized chic after reading ur entry. Ahahahaha... sodomy IV in the making... *points to Anwar's case* and he's dragging Nut- Chips to the court! LMAO...

@smallkucing... aiyorr... i know la... you're referring to me lah. OMG...u all ah... must have jangkit from me jorr... yeeee!!!!

@Merryn...actually kan... the longer the better lah, quickie no fun punya! I may have fetish for superman's undies... but if as fast as Superman, no fun! Not good to eat instant food, yunno? LMAO...

Hopefully Cikgu doesn't read this, or he'll get gout attack!

My Little Things Corner said...

Looks yummy yummy, i like see the noddle "dark dark" one ... more tasty for me... hehehe

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

clever, use spaghetti to replace normal yellow noodles, I must try next time.

xin said...

coincidentally i fried spaghetti last nite too! :D but the white one :P

Al said...

Okay okay Pete, I haven't heard of spaghetti cooked with soy sauce but now that you've showed it and I think it taste okay, I going for it.

AL

Pete said...

Smallkucing : Wah, 4 to 5 packs to clear....a lot lor...LOL! That question, must ask Cleff to advise the answer...ha ha ha!

Merryn : Ha ha, blood pressure...shoot up!

STP : Habislah, all now thinking like Cleff....all my food become quickie already!

Claire : Ha ha, Cleff like to joke and sporting too! Ok, next post would be slowwwwlllly one! LOL!

Cleff : Habislah, cikgu said you spread your influence far and wide....now everyone got Cleff fever already! LOL!

MLTC : Ha ha, dark dark one sweeter, I like that also.

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) : Healthier to use spaghetti although not as nice as normal yellow noodles.

Xin : Ahhh, French style Spaghetti

Al : Try it, it has a nice oriental taste! LOL!

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

Sp droolicious... I love fried noodle especially those with dark sauce , yummy!

cleffairy said...

@Pete...LOL-ed so hard at everyone's comment. I'm like H1N1 eh? Contagious! Ahahahaha! And to think most of them tot I was a serious 40yo lady when they first come to my blog. OMg, wtf lah. LOL...Calvin certainly tot so 2 years back. Ahahaha

@smallkucing... ur mathematic very pandai... ur algebra equation owez make me laugh. LMAO...

@Cikgu... I'm H1N1 sister ma... remember? LOL... so that's why lorr... lmao... all jangkit liao...lol...

@claire... cuz I'm cute lorr... *perasan*

@Pete...hmm, hmm... next post must be strong and wild, slow and easy... mwahahahahaha *evil laughter*

cleffairy said...

@Merryn...u oso wud... u oso like wan ma... :P u kuning til jaundiced liao! LOL.... wahkakakkakakaka!!! ur still a she-wolf ah? LOL... kesian William... or shud I say, lucky William? LOL...

Pete said...

A Full Time Housefly : Looks like everyone like dark sauce noodles.

Cleff : Ya lorr, young lady so much 'experience' wan leh! ha ha ha!
Now everyone got virus Cleff-1-N1

smallkucing said...

LOL C1N1

Annie Q said...

Wow...you're really creative!! Can use Spaghetti to cook Hokkien char mee and Jawa Mee!! Salute salute!

Love your quickie meal (not the quickie you can cleff taking about. LOL) At least give me some idea on what to cook beside than use spaghetti to cook in western way.