Friday, October 15, 2010

Stirfried Baby Shark with Salted Vegetable (Ham Choy) Recipe

I have not eaten this dish ever since I left my hometown for KL. Well, that is a very long time ago! My mom would cook this dish when I was very young and I remembered that it was one of my favourite dishes. I would bug my mom to buy shark meat whenever I come across the fish monger at wet market selling it. Apart from cooking Assam Shark with it, sometimes my mom would just stir fry the shark meat with salted vegetable (ham choy).

Ingredients
Salted Vegetable (kiam chye), 3 leaves, cut into slice
Ginger, 3 slices, cut into small thin strips
Garlic, 5 pcs, chopped finely
Shark Meat, 1 small shark, cut into chunks

(Note : you might need to soak the salted vegetable in water to get rid of some of the salt)

Heat up wok and put in 1 tablespoon of oil. Sauté garlic and ginger until they turned slightly golden brown. Put in the shark meat and stir-fry until it is cooked. Add the salted vegetable and a little water. Fry for a short while. The stir fried shark with salted vegetable dish is best eaten when hot with steamed rice or plain Teow Chew porridge.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

baby shark again! looks yummy! :)

Christine said...

I love ham choy.