Thursday, October 28, 2010

Vegetarian Chap Fan (Economy Rice) at Jalan Ipoh Kuan Yin (Goddess of Mercy) Temple

I have passed by and stopped to pray at this Kuan Yin (Goddess of Mercy) Temple in Jalan Ipoh many times but didn’t have a chance to try out the vegetarian economy rice from this stall. I was there early during lunch time two weeks ago and managed to try out the vegetarian food. This vegetarian food stall is packed with people from nearby offices during lunch time. It operates only during lunch time and is located within the Kuan Yin temple ground. Parking is free and aplenty but a little full during lunch time. As you can see from the photo, I flooded my rice with the nice creamy vegetarian curry. I also added some stir fried Romaine Lettuce and a roll of vegetarian yam lobak (wrapped in beancurd sheets). The yam lobak might look a little dark but it is very tasty. The savoury and creamy vegetarian curry is nice and spicy. Mmmmmm, I had a good healthy vegetarian lunch under the shady and cool Bodhi tree!

Map to Vegetarian Chap Fan (Economy Rice) at Jalan Ipoh Kuan Yin (Goddess of Mercy) Temple

8 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

hey.. i noticed the dishes cover most of the rice.. now looking at it made me hungry.. hmmm...

Christine said...

sometimes it's nice to have vegetarian for a change

Alice Law said...

Ohhh, I used to be a vegan before I have my 2 kids! I love vegetarian food, how's the pricing of this stall?

Have a great weekend to you and your family!

mNhL said...

I love vegetarian economy rice too... so delicious especially flood the rice with curry gravy.

smallkucing said...

long time havent eat vegetarian food. Hard to find good ones. Most taste lausy :(

Aunty Liew said...

I had once ate vegetarian chapped
fan at Sri Petaling. It only cost
RM2 for any three foods selected and the water was free.

suituapui said...

Nice, eh? The other day I had vegetarian char siew pao - ok, not bad.

[SK] said...

we use to order vegetarian rice delivery from office, but too bad, i always order those vegemeat!! haha~~