Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good Char Kueh Teow (Fried Flat Noodles) at Night in Kepong Baru Wet Market Area

Kepong Baru Wet Market, at night,

This is how the market is in the morning, busy!

At night, this elderly lady and her son run a Char Kueh Teow stall

Tar Pau (take away) a packet of Char Kueh Teow for my daugher!

My food hunting adventure went a little out of hand and I found myself checking out the dark alley of the Kepong Baru wet market at night. LOL! The area behind the old cinema (now Royal Restaurant) is bustling with activities during the morning but it is rather dark when night falls, especially after all the shop lots closed. There are a few sporadic stalls operating there at night. The Chap Fan (Economic rice) stall starts during dinner time and you can see many patrons tucking in the reasonably price food. I have tried the Deep Fried Pig Intestine porridge in one of the stall run by a lady;…….I love anything with deep fried pig intestine! Ha ha ha!
There are also a Wantan Mee Stall (worth trying but please be prepared to wait during peak hours!), Satay, Curry Mee, Chi Chow (Fried wok noodles) and a stall selling drinks. An elderly lady and her son operate a Char Kueh Teow stall directly behind the Royal Restaurant (old cinema). Although, there are no lap cheong, the char kueh teow taste very good and have very nice aroma. It tastes very similar to Penang char kueh teow. For RM3.80, the serving is very generous with Kuchai (Chinese) chives and fish cake added as well. If you don’t mind eating in a “wet market” environment, head towards Kepong Baru Market at night for some foodie adventure! LOL!
PS : For map to Kepong Baru Market click here, KEPONG BARU WET MARKET MAP

8 comments:

Jeannie said...

You really a terror foodie, lol really travel all over to sample food! I salute to you:D

Small Kucing said...

Jahatttttt....middle of the nite my tummy growling liao....now the stall closed already la at this hour...sobs

Christine said...

food market, what's not to love...what a great experience

Jean said...

looks wet. i prefer dry ones. hehe

have a nice day! =)

My recent post:
Malacca Hainanese Chicken Rice Ball

Hayley said...

Looks like there're alot of varieties at the wet market, too bad its too far away from my hometown :P

yvonne said...

I like to scout for food in the wet market. It offers lots of variety of food and they taste heavenly.

suituapui said...

Aha!!! Kway teow... I'll be having that in Penang in a couple of days. I think my post tomorrow also about kwayteow...

Sharon @ Fun and Life said...

Hi Pete! Thanks for popping by my blog :). I love char kuey teow, especially from the market! Outsiders/tourists always think it looks dodgy but I find food tastes better in these kinds of places in Malaysia haha. Miss it loads! Kepong Baru sounds like an interesting market - must head there one day!