Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gosh! Look at the amount of yellow dye they put on dried longan skin!

My hands were a bit wet when I touched some dried longan and I was shocked to see that my hands had turned yellow from the colouring they put on the skins! Then I soaked the dried longan in water. The soluble yellow dye made the water yellow. I changed the water for around 10 times and the water still turned yellow from the dye.
I wonder how much yellow dye they used to colour these dried longans? I hope is is food grade dye and nothing poisonous!
Gosh, these are some of the things they do to make food look attractive! We have to be careful of the food we consume nowadays!

19 comments:

Aunty Liew said...

So "black heart"just want to make money and don't care of people life!For safety purpose,next time you must plant your own longan tree.

foongpc said...

Wow! So much dye! Most likely chemical dye. I am not eating longan!!

yvonne said...

My mama always forbid us from eating longans. It's due to the dye. Scary, right?

Hayley said...

Wah.... 0_o
Thats very terrible la~

Yannie said...

Dried longan skin is having strong yellow dye one, I know as I touched and washed the dried long before. I only buy those without skin now.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Wow like that also can? They want us to die faster eating the dye dragon eyes?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

look scary, lucky i seldom eat dried longan..

yummylittlecooks said...

So scary!! They want make money by risking our life.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

scary...

complain to the authorities...

suituapui said...

Thank goodness I do not eat those things... Penang people eat a lot, I think - all those colourful pickles.

Reanaclaire said...

gosh..i think i can skip that after seeing these... long time i didnt take longan though.. from thailand one?

Small Kucing said...

yikes...i also long time didnt eat longan

Alice Law said...

Hey... are those pesticide, luckily thesedays I tak gian for longan!^^

BigAppleNosh said...

Whoa!!

wenn said...

i hv seen that before..not ori anymore.

fufu said...

wow wow wow... from china?

nothing is safe now...

joycezzz said...

oh my goodness... now you're scaring me... i have a bag of dried longan in my kitchen pending there to make dessert... =[

Annie Q said...

I love longan, didn't know they dye it! Scary!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

my MIL likes to soak everything. Including the SEE PIAN, persimmoms.