Friday, May 13, 2011

Rosemary Roast Lamb Chunks with Mint Sauce Recipe


I bought a packet of succulent lamb chunks from the local hypermarket and marinated it right away when I reached home. This is the first time I made mint sauce to go with my roast lamb. You can use any plain jelly or just make your own. I used a little gelatin to make some sofe jelly for my mint sauce. Taste good with the roast lamb!

Ingredients to Marinade lamb
Lamb Chunks, 600 gms
Rosemary, 3 twigs fresh or 1 tablespoon dried
Thyme, 1/2 teaspoon dried
Lemon juice from 1 lemon
Salt to taste
Brown sugar, 2 tablespoons
Pepper, 1/2 teaspoons

Marinade the lamb chunks overnight with all the ingredients. Roast in preheated oven at 180 Deg C for 1 hour or until they turned golden brown.

Ingredients for Mint Sauce
Jelly, 2 tablespoons
Mint, 2tablespoons, dried or fresh around 20 leaves, chopped finely
Sugar to taste
Salt to taste
Vinegar 1 tablespoon
A little water

Break the jelly into small pieces. Add all the ingredients together. Chill the mint sauce.

10 comments:

Christine said...

love roast lamb but don't make it too often.

suituapui said...

Hah!!! Back in business! Hooray!!! Oooo...I would love this - lamb with mint sauce. Yum! Yum! When I go KL, you cook for me...go to your house for dinner, can? Wink! Wink!

Hayley said...

Wow, lamb chop, my hubby's all time favourite!

Yannie said...

It must be taste very good, I can see that from the picture.

Small Kucing said...

must be very yummy

Reanaclaire said...

waahhh..save a lot of money doing the lamb chop yourself... outside selling quite expensive!

Anonymous said...

I love a good roast lamb.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Rosemary had a little lamb
Little lamb little lamb..
Everywhere that Rosemary went
Bananaz was sure not to go..

Looks yummy bro but no tQ

wenn said...

too bad i don't take lamb..

Aunty Liew said...

Looks yummy but not for me too!I just can't eat lamb and beef because to me.they are "sou"