Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Braised Ee Mee (Fried Egg Noodles) Recipe

It is very easy to cook Ee Mee, therefore this is my usual family supper meal and everyone loves it! This is the same type of Ee mee that Steamboat restaurant serve with their dishes.
I would normally have some pre fried garlic in oil in my larder, so that I can use it as garnish whenever I cook Ee Mee at night.
I don't have any fixed recipe for Ee Mee because I would cook it with whatever ingredients that I have in my fridge.

Here is another simple version of my soupy Braised Ee Mee

Ingredients
Ee Mee, 1 pcs
Water, 2 bowls
Egg, 1 pc
Pork or chicken meat, 5 pcs
Prawns, 3 pcs
Sesame Oil, 1/2 teaspoon
Light Soya Sauce, 1 tablespoon
Corn Flour and water mixture
Prefried garlic for garnishing
Celery or Spring Onions for garnishing
Salt to taste

Pour water into pot and bring to a boil. A pork or chicken meat. Put in the light soya sauce and prawns.. Add in sesame oil. Pour in the corn flour and water mixture to thicken the soup. Beat egg slightly and pour into the boiling soup. Add salt to taste. Put in the Ee Mee. Stir and cook until the ee mee softhen. Garnish with prefried garlic, celery and spring onions before serving.

11 comments:

Yannie said...

Pete, may be you blogged before, and I missed it out. Can you help me in making Spaghetti tomatoes source?

Reanaclaire said...

Stew ee mee is also very nice.. i like those finer strands type...

yvonne said...

I'm starting to wonder, did you purposely post at this hour to drive me up to the wall? And it's like almost everyday my mental is being tortured with food for eyes only. Grrrr......

But luckily, ee mee is not my favourite, nyek nyek.

Alice Law said...

LOL, I can hv your ee mee 5 days in a row, not a problem!!! How about weekends?! Well... my husband's treat, hehe!

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

For me must have egg with ee mee soup or pan mee soup.

Quay Po Cooks said...

Pete, it has been a while since I had ee mien. Thanks for the reminder. Now you get me wanting to hunt for a bowl.

Anonymous said...

eewww.. my hubby`s fave :D
but me seldom cook this :)

suituapui said...

Ummm...this one, I'll pass... I'd rather stick to my kampua mee. LOL!!!

Tiffany said...

Oooo this seems so fragrant! :D

foongpc said...

What's the difference between this braised yee mee and Cantonese yee mee?

lena said...

i just had fried ee mee for lunch yesterday! ee mee is tastier than the yellow noodles.