Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tea Time- Chop chop, Time for Bihun (or Mee) Bandung

I know it is tea time, so I set this post to auto publish at this hour. Hi Yvonne, another tea time post leh......he he he.

Actually I normally cook Mee Bandung, or in this case Bihun Bandung for supper which happens to be my wife's favourite food.
As usual, I would have pre fried crispy shallots at home, so I can use it for my Mee Bandung. The addition of prawns in the soup would make it tastier but you can use any other type of sea food like squid or even fish fillet. As for me, I will use whatever suitable ingredients that I have in my fridge. Sometimes, I add in fish ball, fish cake, mushroom, celery, fu chuk (fried beancurd skins) and tofu as well.

You can click here for my Mee Bandung Recipe.

Happy Tea Time! LOL!

10 comments:

Yannie said...

The egg in the soup looks nice.

yvonne said...

I dowan friend you ... Go away!

[SK] said...

oh, beehun bandung looks like that one ah?? haha.. actually i think the poached egg is more interesting woh.. :p

suituapui said...

Yalor...got mee Bandung like that one kah? LOL!!! This for tea meh? I would have it for breakfast or supper...

Mary Bergfeld said...

Pete, this looks most enjoyable. The food you share with us is always delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Hayley said...

Agree with Yan, the egg looks very tempting! haha :D

Alice Law said...

LOL, your wife is definitely lucky and blessed to hv a husband like you!:)

Reanaclaire said...

supper? wow.. what time will that be? u r really a good cook, Pete!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

So tempting...

lena said...

i ahvent tasted mee bandung before but i just saw your recipe..seems like lots of ketchup?!