Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Braised Black Vinegar Chicken Feet with Star Anise Recipe

Mmmm, chicken feet dish, yum yum! I love chewing away on tender braised chicken feet. For extra flavours, I added black vinegar to the chicken feet. The chicken feet would taste better if you marinade and pre fried them in hot oil.
Here is my Braised Black Vinegar Chicken Feet with Star Anise Recipe.

Ingredients
Chicken Feet, 10 pcs,
Light soya sauce, 3 table spoons
Dark soya sauce, 1 teaspoon
Star Anise, 2 pcs
Cinnamon, 1 stick
Garlic, 1 bulb
Black Vinegar, to taste (I used around 3 tablespoons)
Salt to taste
Water, enough to cover the chicken feet
Corn flour and water mixture
Pepper, a dash

Marinade the chicken feet with a little light soya sauce. Deep fry it in hot oil until golden brown. Put the pre fried chicken feet in a pot and pour in some water. Add light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, star anise, cinnamon, garlic, black vinegar, salt and pepper.  Boil until the chicken feet become tender. Add corn flour and water mixture to thicken the gravy. For some greens, I put some sawi vegetable into the chicken feet dish and boil for a short while. Taste reall good with steamed rice.......

12 comments:

Small Kucing said...

Yes...i can imagine the aroma and taste now. I think if add a bit of black fungus also will taste good

suituapui said...

Eyewwwww....no chickenfeet for me! I guess can use this recipe of pork trotters? Yum!

[SK] said...

oh?? black vinegar?? hmmm, i've never tried that, normally just braised the chicken feet with dark soy sauce..

Alice Law said...

Chicken feetttt!!!! Juan Juan's favorite savoury dish! Just hv to keep her frm seeing this post, else she might wet my keyboard with her drools!>_<

yummylittlecooks said...

Oh my! this looks so delicious!Er...why left bones only....?

Reanaclaire said...

hey, u have eaten the first piece? hahaha... almost skinless already! my kids and I love chicken feet one.. anytime!

Xinmei @ Pudding Pie Lane said...

Thanks for your comment! I love this recipe - so authentic and I'm craving real Asian food so much right now!

Unknown said...

Hi Pete
Have a great day ahead. Thanks for sharing

PFx said...

All the essentials to make a perfect meal are there. Great dish Pete! I can just imagine the vinegar giving off the pungent sweet smell!

yvonne said...

Err.... I don't eat chicken feet, but I don't mind having a bowl of hot pipping steamed rice to go with the gravy. Nyum....

Phil Younghusband said...

one of my fav delicacies chicken feet delicous!!!

Yannie said...

My daughters love chicken feet, me too.