Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Labuan Tok Tok Mee (Noodles) Recipe



After tasting the flavouful Labuan Tok Tok Mee, I cook up a similar one at home using the dried mee cap udang (dried prawn brand noodle) that I bought from the mini market there. The dried noodles might looked like normal instant noodle to you, but it is actually very tasty and full of flavours.
The original Labuan Tok Tok Mee has a rich prawn and meat based broth. However, at home I just used whatever I have in my fridge to make the broth. The final result was quite good and my kids gobbled up all the noodles in a jiffy! LOL!

Ingredients
Labuan Mi Cap Udang, Soak in water to soften or blanched briefly in boiling water
Prawns, 5 medium
Meat balls, 5 pcs
Crab Stick, 5 pcs
Meat, 100 gms
Carrot, cut into slices (optional)
Corn flour with water mixture
Salt to taste

Coat the noodles with a little dark soya sauce and fry them in a very hot wok. Put the noodle aside. Pour around 7 rice bowls of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Add meat, prawns, carrot and crab stick. Bring to a boil and add corn flour to thicken the soup. Add salt to taste. Pour the soup over the fried mee cap udang. Garnish with spring onions and serve.

PS : The dried noodles are produced by

Delig Sdn Bhd Mi Cap Udang (Halal)
Lot 12, Panampang, Kota Kinabalu, 88300, Sabah, Malaysia
Tel : 088 728242 Fax 088 718736
HP 016 846 8500

11 comments:

Christine said...

your broth sounds healthier! Thanks for the recipe Pete!

yvonne said...

Em, you modified Tok Tok mee and I prefer your version :)

Do you use the bamboo clapper to call for dinner?

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Wish have a bowl in front of me now, lol

foongpc said...

So your version taste better or the original one better? : D

Unknown said...

I enjoy noodles. This looks simple and quick to make.

Small Kucing said...

Nice but i dont like to put the crab stick in coz makes the soup taste so articificately sweet.

You staying in Labuan now ka?

suituapui said...

Me too! No crab sticks for me. Don't like the smell...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

i heard this dried mee is very good, too bad i never seen it here..you have a bowl of simple and yummy noodle soup, if my son seeing this, sure ask me to cook for him as he is a noodle person, hehehe..

Willie a.k.a reptoz said...

Nice. Hmmm like small Kucing, I prefer not to have crab stick there.

FiSh said...

sounds good :) i wanna try with my mum too!

Latest: Happy Father's Day

Merryn said...

Yours looks like instant noodles nih! Browse your earlier post below and saw that their gravy is thicker :P