Sunday, October 14, 2012

Deep Fried Ikan Selar Kuning (Gold Banded Scad) with Turmeric Recipe


I have posted quite a few recipes on Ikan Selar Kuning (Gold/Yellow Banded Scad Fish). This is one of my favourite fish and I would buy them whenever I come across this fish at the wet market.
This recipe is rather simple but frying the marinated is a little messy. In order to avoid the hot oil from splattering all over the places, I covered my wok with a lid and open it a little from time to time to allow the water vapour to come out.
I fried the Kunyit Selar Kuning fish till crispy and they are good to eat till the bones.......LOL! All crunchy!.....

Ingredients
Ikan Selar Kuning. 15 pcs
Kunyit (Turmeric), 1 tablespoon
Lemon Juice or Lime Juice, 1 tablespoons
Salt to taste

Marinade the fish with all the ingredients and leave it for 20 minutes. Heat up oil for deep frying and then fry the fish till they are crispy.
Serve while still hot. Sure taste good with Nasi Lemak!

11 comments:

Christine said...

looks great!

Unknown said...

That's how I like it too:)

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Can poslajuit? So crispy should go well with porridge

Somewhere in Singapore said...

so long didn't eat this liao... hehe...

yvonne said...

Oh gosh, this dish is so mouth watering!! I love selar with kunyit. My top favourite deep fried smaller fish.

mNhL said...

i love this dish too.....the kunyit just makes the fish tastier....

Yannie said...

Looks yummy, Pete.

Hayley said...

Agree, this goes well with nasi lemak!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

i like ikan kembung fry this way too, yum! To avoid the hot oil from splattering, next time you can try to add some rice flour, at the same time, it will give you nice crispy skin..

suituapui said...

Ahhhh!!!! I love this too. Fried till very crispy and eat with the bones, no problem at all. Just be careful; with the bigger ones. LOL!!!

Sweety said...

This fish looks like the one I saw in the Philippines. I think they call it salmon. :) Is it possible not to add turmeric in the recipe? I'm thinking this might be too spicy for my kids. :(